Saturday, September 29, 2007

Mormonism Q&A

This was in the Chronicle this morning, and I thought I'd pass it on in case people had questions about the basic tenets of Mormonism. This article is a question and answer session between one of the church leaders and a Chronicle reporter, and covers most of the basics.

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/religion/5173114.html

Claire and I will be researching a bit more into the actual history of the religion, so if you come up with any more questions, post them and we'll try and find the answers!

2 comments:

Gale Kenny said...

Interesting - thanks Gillian.

Do you think Gordon presents enough background information about Mormonism? I have a feeling she avoided it intentionally so as not to get too immersed in that discussion when she's more interested in other arguments dealing with law, marriage, and religious liberty. She doesn't want people to question whether or not the LDS beliefs are true or false, right or wrong.

Claire said...

I agree. I think that her intentional lack of background does offer the reader a chance to view both sides "equally." However, I found it frustrating. I kept expecting Gordon to go into details about specific theology behind polygamy.